Do you struggle with figuring out what to make for dinner for your family? I know I do! That's why one of my goals for this year was to meal plan. I am happy to say that by the grace of God I have kept up with it consistently since January! Meal planning can be tricky enough but actually making the meals is a whole other mountain to climb.
I have been trying to share here every two weeks what I have been making. I really hope that it has been helpful to you and has given you some great meal ideas. Though I try to add in new recipes to my meal planning every week, I have realized that many of the meals I make during the month are ones that I make over and over again, because we never get tired of them. Instead of sharing my 2 week meal plan this week, I thought I would share our favorite family meals.
These are the recipes that I have made numerous times and keep coming back to because I never get complaints. After slaving over a hot stove, or spending a lot of prep time in the kitchen the last thing you want to hear is that nobody wants to eat it. Granted my children have very peculiar palates and can always find something to complain about, but when they don't I want to leap up and down! These are meals that you will want to keep on rotation for your family as well!
1. Salsa Verde Chicken Enchiladas- I have not written a post on this recipe but here it is in short:(prepare chicken in crockpot in the morning) Put Chicken breasts in crockpot with chicken broth and taco seasoning packet. Cook for at least 4 hours on low or 2 on high. Shred. Add a little salsa verde, shredded cheese and heavy cream. Coat casserole dish in heavy cream and salsa verde. Add chicken mixture to corn tortillas. Roll up and place in dish. Cover in more heavy cream and salsa. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover in aluminum foil. Bake for 20 min at 350. Remove foil and bake 5 more minutes.---I always double this recipe and we eat it for lunch the next day.
2. Chicken Cashew- The Pioneer Woman--We never have leftovers!
3. Chicken Pad Thai- The Lady Behind the Curtain- My children beg me to make this!
4. Homemade Chicken Nuggets- Faithful with the Little-- Another big hit in our home!
5. Pub style Chicken- Publix Apron meals
6. Chicken with Mustard Cream Sauce- Pioneer Woman
7. Chicken Red Curry- In a large wok or pot heat 2 Tbs vegetable oil. Combine 2 Tbs red curry paste, 2 Tbs minced garlic, 2 Tbs minced ginger. Add 2 cans of coconut milk, 1 Tbs. Fish sauce, 1 Tbs peanut butter, 2 Tbs brown sugar. Stir till combined over medium heat. Add in thinly sliced chicken. I use about 3-4 chicken breasts. Add in bamboo shoots/ bell peppers/ broccoli. Cook on low until chicken and veggies are cooked through. Add thai basil leaves to your preference. Serve over rice. Add soy sauce to taste.--- We absolutely love curry, even my kids!
8. Barbecue Crockpot Chicken Sandwiches- Family Fresh meals
9. Basil Lime Chicken- So good on salads, in tacos or with rice!
12. Balsamic Onion Pot Roast -I use venison
13. Beef/Turkey or venison tacosBrown beef or turkey meat. Drain. Add taco seasoning packet with water. Heat tortillas. Serve with sour cream, salsa, guacamole, cheese, lettuce.--- This is my go to meal when I don't know what to make or don't have a lot of time. My kids could make this it's so easy.
15. Slow Cooker pot roast French Dip Sandwiches- The Gunny Sack. I use venison
17. Meatball Sandwiches- Pioneer Woman
18. Sour Cream Noodle Bake- Pioneer Woman
19. Mexican Hamburger Casserole - Better Homes and Gardens
22. Broccoli Cheese Soup- Faithful with the Little- Our family's favorite soup!
23. Zuppa Toscana
24. White Chicken Chili- Put Chicken Breast in crockpot.( I use 4-5) Cover in Chicken stock. Add Taco seasoning.Cook on low for 5 hours or 3 on high. An hour before chicken is ready add in a can of white beans, corn, fire roasted tomatoes. Add in 1 cup of milk and 1 cup of half and half. Serve with sour cream, cilantro and cheese!--- Nothing better then putting everything in the crockpot and not having to do anything else!
25. Penne Alla Betsy- Pioneer Woman- Tastes like you spent a lot of time on it but it only takes 15 minutes to make!
26. Homemade Pizza- Faithful with the Little-- We have this every week!
27. Homemade Mac and Cheese- Faithful with the Little- --My children's ultimate favorite!
28. Pesto Pasta- Simply boil pasta of choice add pesto. I like to add feta and sliced cherry tomatoes. Serve with salad. --The easiest dinner or lunch you will ever make!
29. Beer Battered Fish Tacos- Make batter of beer, House Autry fish batter,and egg. Dip Fish in fish batter. Fry till light and brown. Serve in tortillas with salsa, sour cream, cheese, guacamole, coleslaw and cilantro.- We seriously eat this every week when my husband fishes.
All of these recipes have been tested and approved by my husband and I and most importantly by my kids, because they are the ones that tend to be more picky. These meals are ones that I rotate over and over again. I throw in a lot of salads, rice, homemade french fries and vegetables as sides.
I find that it's so helpful to have a list of meals in your arsenal to be able to pull out at a moment's notice for those times when you haven't done much planning or when you don't want to try something new out on your family.
I hope that some of these meals become favorites in your household also and maybe help alleviate the all to often asked question of what to make for dinner!
I hope you will come back to this post again and again as a resource to help up the ante on your meal game!
Does your family eat meals that you never get tired of?
What are some of your favorite meals?
Linking up here!